Annapolis Billing Services has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1994. Our medical billing specialist offer years of expertise in billing, coding, EMR, and EHR.
We offer our clients an expert back office billing services utilizing the following Practice Management and EMR systems used by most physician offices.
Allscripts Professional and MyWay- all versions. We can assist with all your conversion needs whether you are converting to Aprima or Professional, we provide expert billing services during your transition.
Eclinical Works- Proficient in Eclinical Works ABS provides an entire staff support and billing expertise.
GE Centricity- EMR and Practice Management System. We have the ability to implement a new system for your office and train your staff. Please call Susan Buckingham for more information. 410-266-1588 ext. 427
NextGen- Annapolis Billing Services is proud to offer medical billing services through NextGen.
Medical Mastermind- ABS serves Medical Mastermind clients from primary care to specialties with transparency in all aspects of their billing and insurance follow up.
If you are experiencing delays with your current medical billing payments or would like to have Annapolis Billing Services meet to discuss a change in your current service, please call our office and ask for Susan Buckingham at 410-266-1588 ext 427 or call Susan on her cell phone 571-384-0069.
We look forward to working with you, your staff and your patients.
Medical Billing Specialist
Annapolis Billing Services is seeking an experienced Billing Specialist to join our busy growing team. Along with outstanding customer service skills the successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, a strong ability to multi-task and the capacity to work independently.
- Use coded data to produce and post claims to insurance companies.
- Verify member eligibility records.
- Monitor claims for missing information, authorization/control numbers.
- Answer patients’ billing inquiries regarding status of account.
- Work with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
- Follow up with third party insurance carriers on unpaid claims till claims are paid. or only self pay balance remains.
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
- Keep updated on all billing and benefit changes for third party insurance carriers.
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED). Post high school courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology a plus.
- Experience with any of the following systems Aprima, Allscripts MyWay, Allscripts ProSuite, Medical Mastermind ‘classic’, EClinical and Office Mate is preferable but not required.
- Exceptional communication, telephone and customer service skills.
- 1 – 2 years experience with insurance reimbursement procedures, including comprehension of EOB’s strongly preferred.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and error detection skills are a must
Interested candidates may submit resumes via email, mail or fax:
Annapolis Billing Services
Attn: Kris Hathaway
621 Ridgely Avenue, Suite 404
Annapolis, MD 21401
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you charge for your billing and related services?
While most billing companies will quote you a rate over the phone, Annapolis Billing Services rates are custom based for each client. Our rates depend on the practice size, needs, and condition. We meet with each of our clients on an individual basis to customize a plan to fit your exact needs. Contact us for a price quote and a representative will be happy to work with you.
How do we get our information to you?
Currently we offer several different options to collect your information depending on what is most convenient for you. Weather you choose electronically, FedEx, UPS, DHL, or via courier service, we are flexible to work with you on any method.
How do I know that my claims are being paid and what the progress is?
You will receive a monthly review which will include your accounts receivable and practice status in detail. You can call to speak to a representative at any time to check on the status of your account and you will have 24/7 access to your personal data base. We keep you updated every step of the way.
What specialties do you bill for?
We are able to bill for almost every medical specialty with the exception of Anesthesiology. We have a wide client base of physicians specializing in many different areas. We are able to provide references and statistics based upon actual and current clients.
Who takes the patient calls for billing questions?
Patients call us directly and speak with a live representative. We handle all patients – billing questions.
How long is the set – up process?
We can start the process immediately but are able to make a better estimate after reviewing your practice.
What Exactly is the Annapolis Billing Advantage?
First, with Annapolis Billing we lower your overhead plus you don't have expensive staff turnover and employee benefits. No need for training and re-training due to turnovers!
Second, No Delays in cash flow due to employee absenteeism and errors.
Thirdly, No expensive programs to purchase and maintain.
Fourth , No coding challenges. Annapolis Billing has a full time staff coder correcting any coding errors immediately.
Fifth, 24 hour up to date access to all your practice reports and data.
Sixth, We keep our physicians up to date and in compliance.
We are dedicated medical billing professionals partnering with physicians and facilities to improve the revenue cycle, increase cash flow, and reduce time in Accounts Receivable.
We provide a full suite of services from coding to collection, including electronic billing, denial management, payment posting, and charge analysis.
With Annapolis Billing As Your Partner
- Fewer Full time Staff – Annapolis Billing can streamline your office staff requirements and remove the need for an in – house billing clerk. It’s all part of the service we provide!
- Empowered Billing – With Annapolis Billing, you will never feel as if you have given up total control over your billing. We work closely with our clients keeping them up to date on our progress. With Annapolis Billing, you will see your denial rates improve and regain control over an area of your practice that was once very hard to manage.
- Specialty Billing – Annapolis Billing Service provides billing services for all types of businesses, specializing in the Health Care Industry. We realize every practice is different which is why we fit our method of billing to meet your practice’s specific requirements.
- Multi – Service Solutions – Whether you need Medical Billing, Transcription Services, Physician Credentialing, or IT Network Support, Annapolis Billing offers convenient, full service solutions for your exact needs.